Thief Reformation Scheme



The children of Israel, the Hebrews, spent four hundred and thirty years in Egypt. The first years of their sojourn were spent as the guests of Pharaoh, the king of Egypt. The last years were spent as the abused servants of another Pharaoh; a Pharaoh who despised them, and kept them only as slaves.

The Hebrews lamented their sorry estate. They cried unto God, and God heard their cries. God called one of their own, an Israelite, a man named Moses, to lead the children of Israel out of Egypt and into the land God had promised to their fathers: Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, whom God called Israel.

But Pharaoh found value in the despised Hebrews as brick makers. He would not let them go. So, by the hand of Moses, God brought plagues upon Egypt: one plague after another. One of the plagues was a plague of darkness. "And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt." (Exodus 10:21)

That got me thinking in my ECU, or where ever motorcycles think. I thought of Job. Job had the unenviable privilege of showing Satan that there is a man who, no matter how much he suffers, will not curse God and die.

Woefully, and understandably depressed, covered in sores, and bereft of his children, Job told his friends that he would soon go to "A land of darkness, as darkness itself, and of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkness." (Job 10:22) Earlier, Job had lamented to his friends, "My flesh is clothed with worms and clods of dust; my skin is broken and become loathsome." (Job 7:5)

That did it for me. Jack, my care provider, was a provider of care for other motorcycles before he before he liberated me from that horrible showroom floor where I had languished for two long years. I am concerned, however, because two of those motorcycles were stolen. Jack is fairly responsible and does not often expose me to the risk of being swiped, but obviously there is still the risk. I have come up with a scheme.

If some bad person -- a molester of motorcycles, or a thief -- seizes me with malevolent intentions, he will be cast into a darkness that can be felt, where even the light is as darkness. His flesh will be clothed with worms and his ears filled with the cries of the damned. He will lose all sense of time so that this horrible estate will be all that he remembers and all he can hope for.

Of course there must be room for repentance. The volume of the screams will decrease until they are merely a din. And a voice, an ominous voice, will speak, "If you ever touch a motorcycle again with evil intentions in your heart, your present estate will extend into forever."

All this will only take a moment, but to the hopefully reformed thief it will be an experience outside of time. It will always remain fresh.

As quickly as the darkness falls, it will lift, and any bystander will only see that the thief has experienced a profound adjustment to his attitude. By the paleness of his face, and the stench of fresh dung emanating from his boots, it will be obvious that a different person now stands in the place where a bad man stood only a moment before.

Hey, let's not tell Jack of my scheme. I want him to continue to take reasonable precautions for my security because I hope I shall never see such horror inflicted on anyone; not even not even a motorcycle molester.




The GPS lady was messing with us a couple of days ago. Jack told her to avoid dirt roads and all she did was find them.


I wasn't the least bit envious. 


I got an oil change today and a turtle came out with the oil.      
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Details