2 Samuel 1:20




My name is, Wolf. AKA, The Bird. I am a Triumph Street Triple.

I think that 2 Samuel 1:20 is the first time Triumph is mentioned in the Bible. That is not my favorite verse for Triumph, though. I like Psalm 47:1 for that. You can't go wrong with the Psalms, can you?

"Clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of Triumph."

Shouting, that's how I got the name, Wolf. Man, when I open up my throttle bodies and suck a bunch of atmosphere into my cylinders . . . Well, hoo - wee! There's a howl that would make any wolf proud. Shoot, a whole pack of wolves would be proud of my howl. And the road in front of me gets behind me real quick.

Triumph is in the Bible and Street is too. For Street, I like Acts 9:11.

"And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the Street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth."

I'm not saying I am especially excited about straight roads, but that fellow Saul had his name changed to Paul and he traveled all over the place spreading the good news. Traveling is what I am into in the biggest way. So I dig Paul.

I don't find any mention of Triple in the Bible, but I am trinitarian. Three unique cylinders with one united purpose. And of course, the trinity of combustion: air, fuel, spark. Man, that's what makes me go! So all together I am a very Biblical motorcycle.


Victory is in the Bible too, but they are out of business already. Other than that, I'm not thinking of any other Biblical motorcycles.

As for my other name, The Bird, well, that has to do with headlights.


When I got JW  Speaker LED headlights by Motodemic, Jack -- he's my personal caregiver -- said, "Hey Wolf, you're 'The Bird'." 

Next thing I knew Jack had carved and painted an eye and glued it right onto my instrument pod. I'll tell you, at first it was kind of scary being able to see and all. It seemed like everything was rushing at me at a horrendous speed, but I soon got used to it. Now it's kind of neat to be able to see. Jack tells me the LED lamps make seeing at night a whole lot easier. Of course I didn't have an eye before -- when I had my first headlamps -- so I don't know what it was like to see at night back then, but Jack is right, you sure can see with these puppies.

I haven't objected to having two names, even if one is an Also Known As name. I think someone said, "A Bird with no feet is always in the wind." That's where I want to be: always in the wind.

Even camping in the wind.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Details